I’m still waiting on our professional wedding photos to provide full blown recaps of all the little details, but now that I’ve been married for almost two months, I thought it would be to reflect back on my favorite moments from the day.
The whole wedding weekend really did fly by, and I was amazed by how energized and happy I was. I knew I’d be happy to be marrying Kevin, but I’ve never felt this level of happiness before. I was overwhelmed by gratitude for Kevin, my family, my friends and all our vendors who made our wedding unforgettable. I couldn’t stop smiling for so long.
Here are the moments from my wedding day I will cherish forever:
- Feeling amazingly serene all day while getting hair and make-up done and appreciating being surrounded by such amazing women: my step mom, my sister and my two best friends. They are the reasons why I wasn’t stressed. I loved spending time with them.
- The first look with my dad-I only saw my dad for a moment in the morning when he brought us all sandwich and snack platters for our day of prepping (great dad, I know). The next time I saw him I was fully done up in my dress with full hair and make-up. That was the only time I cried that day.
- Walking down the aisle to Kevin-Even though we did a first look, I remember walking down the aisle toward him with the perfect song playing and knowing I would be happy for the rest of my life with him by my side. I’ll do a full post on music, but we decided to walk down the aisle to non-traditional wedding songs.
- Elevator photos-Our site has a beautiful glass elevator, and our photographer took some pictures of us inside of it from the exterior after the ceremony. The night goes by so quickly and is so busy visiting with everyone, so it was nice to have a few moments just to us.
- Billy Joel’s Piano Man-We asked our DJ to play Piano Man as our last song with our guests of the evening. One of my favorite bars in Gainesville would play Piano Man as their “last call” song before kicking everyone out, and it brings back fun memories of college. When the song came on, our guests swayed in a circle with Kevin and I dancing in the middle. This was one of the coolest and most fun moments of my life.
- Eddie Vedder’s Longing to Belong-After Piano Man, our guests left to line up for the exit, and our DJ played Longing to Belong so we could have one final slow dance. The whole reception room was empty except for the two of us and our DJ. The moment was so special, and I appreciated having the time to savor the moment with Kevin without anyone else around.
To any bride-to-bes, you’ll notice that all my memories of the day revolve around the people and the little moments. I loved all our decor and details, but in the end of the day, I was marrying Kevin, and that’s what I cherished the most.
Our DJ put together a really nice video of photos that he took from the evening. I hope you enjoy!
Tomorrow I’m off to Gainesville to kick off my life as an MBA student. I’m sad to be apart from Kevin and Parko for three nights, but I’m grateful to have such a wonderful husband and fur baby to come home to.
What is your favorite wedding memory? (Either yours or a wedding you attended!)